Thursday, December 8, 2011

What type of fluid goes in the transfer case of my 1987 jeep wrangler 4.2 litre 5 speed manual?

I think my transfer case is low on fluid it is making a little bit of chatter and do not want to ruin it or cause damage unable to repair, please be sure and not guess i do not have the money to fix, am not being rude, thanks guys.|||I know it sounds wrong but it takes dexron II or higher auto tranny fluid. They use this instead of regular gear oil because of tight tolerances that doesn't allow gear oil to properly lubricate the gear box, ATF is thinner, and gets in the small areas better.|||Hey man I just looked it up on all data and it calls for DEXRON II automatic transmission fluid.|||as stated, use ATF. There's a pump at the back that pumps fluid thru the Tcase, just like a torque converter in an auto trans. It needs ATF to be able to pump fluid to lube everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment