Thursday, December 8, 2011

What type of courses should I take so I can transfer to FIDM?

Right now I'm attending community college but I really want to transfer to Fashion Institute of Design %26amp; Merchandising in the next year or so. I would transfer right away but my gpa is less than stellar and financially would be difficult, so I figure it's best to stay at here and bring up my grades. So what I really want to know is what kind of courses should I take to help me prepare for FIDM's Beauty Industry Merchandising %26amp; Marketing program?|||Financially is one thing. If that's why you're at cc first, then that's fine. But grade-wise? Grade-wise, don't worry about it. FIDM is open admissions. You apply, complete what they ask you to complete, and 99 times out of 100, you're in.





As for saving money - even with that, be cautious. Because FIDM is a specialty school (fashion specific), it's possible that some of the classes you take at cc won't transfer to FIDM. Your courses have to correspond exactly with those at FIDM. You can see a list of the classes they require for your major here. Your job is to pick classes at your cc that correspond to those required by FIDM. Otherwise, they won't transfer:


http://fidm.edu/academics/majors/beauty-鈥?/a>





Some of those classes are going to be available at your cc. Things like the college level math, survey of western art, English comp, etc. To be sure that the classes you take are an exact match for those at FIDM, click on the course number on the FIDM website, and compare their description to the description for the class you'll be taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment